We’ve spent the last 2 weeks working on a hosted solution for our video recorder. We’re calling it “HDFVR in the Cloud”.
The hosted solution is in beta and we’re making it available today for free to all our clients.
Some of the benefits:
- Easy to use copy and paste embed code to add video recorder to any HTML web page
- Will work on both desktop and mobile devices
- Automatic conversion to mp4 file using FFMpeg for cross-platform mobile & desktop & HTML5 delivery
- Easy to access video management area for recorded videos
How to use the new HDFVR In The Cloud:
1. Login to your private client area http://nusofthq.com/c/ (you should also have a direct link by email, press the “I forgot the order number!” link if you forgot your login credentials or direct link)
2. As a HDFVR client you will see a new menu item HDFVR Hosted, click on it.
3. You will be taken to your HDFVR Hosted section of the client area
4. From the top “Embed” section you can:
- select the: width & height of the video recorder,
- select the video quality desired (240p, 640p, 720p)
- preview how the video recorder looks
- give it a go and record a video
- copy the embed code.
5. You can then paste the code into your HTML code or WordPress blog post (use the Text tab, not the Visual one). Here’s how a HD video recorder looks when embedded in our blog post:
6. The Recorded Videos table allows you to download & inspect all recorded videos on your account.
In this table you can :
- playback the videos and copy the URL for distribution
- view the thumbnail and copy the URL for distribution
- inspect the video, you have information about the length, format, date (GMT+2 only right now) and source (iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, PC)
Soon we will add even more info (size on disk, initial raw video, plays, etc.) a playback embed code and more.
7. Some of the features we’re working on and hope to release in the near future:
- Amazon S3, YouTube, FTP integration
- Email notifications
- JS API for the video recorder client
- Server side notification/video management API
All these will be available – as we roll them out – at the bottom of the new client area:
Please send us your feedback
We’re rolling out this beta for to gather feedback about how you might use this product. We think that it removes many of the barriers to entry from using a video recorder on your website. It handles conversion, distribution, mobile and management.
So please send us your feedback and ideas: